Polyethylene pipes are in two forms : High Density (HDPE) and Medium Density (MDPE). These are cost effective answer for a number of piping problems. It has been tested and proven effective for underground, above ground and surface. HDPE pipe is ideal for many different applications including municipal, industrial, energy, geothermal, landfill and more. HDPE pipe is strong, durable, flexible and light weight. When fused together, HDPE has a zero leak rate therefore preferred over GI, DI and cement pipe for application such as portable water supply, sewage and drainage distribution line.
HDPE pipe is also a more environmentally sustainable option as it is non-toxic, corrosion resistant and chemical resistant, has a long design life, and is ideal for trench-less installation methods because of its flexibility. PE can carry potable water, wastewater, slurries, chemicals, hazardous wastes, cables and compressed gases as well as oils. Polyethylene pipes have a long and successful service experience to the gas oil, mining and water utility industries. These pipes have the lowest repair frequency compared with all other pipe materials used for water distribution.
• Corrosion Resistant - HDPE pipes do not rust, rot or corrode. They are one of the most chemically inert of all plastics and therefore is extremely chemical and corrosion resistant.
• Combination of Strength and Flexibility - HDPE pipes do not rust, rot or corrode. They are one of the most chemically inert of all plastics and therefore is extremely chemical and corrosion resistant.
• Installation Ease - Holding and installation cost is considerably reduced due to light weight feature while long lengths reduces jointing and fitting cost, For example : Sizes up to 110 mm pipe is available in coil form of 250-300 metres. Coil lengths can be increased in case of sizes from 20 mm to 50 mm OD.
• Chemical and Abrasion Resistant - HDPE is one of the most chemically inert of all plastics and with high resistance to abrasion. These two characteristics give polyethylene pipe a significant long term advantage.
• UV Resistant - Black HDPE contains approx. 2.5% Â± 0.5% carbon black and can be safely stored and installed in non-covered areas.
• Easy Joining - HDPE could be joined both mechanically by flange joint and with butt jointing method at site with HDPE couplers/sockets.
• Pressure Ratings - HDPE pipes are available in pressure ratings from PN 2.5-4-6-8-10-12.5 and 16 (PN stands for kg/cm2).
Size Range :
20 mm to 1400 mm
Pressure Class :
2.5 kg/cm2 to 19 kg/cm2
PE Grades :
PE 63, PE 80, PE 100